Thursday, December 23, 2010
Spicy-Rice Krisps (Uggani)
Puffed Rice - 1 large bowl
Oil – 4 tbsp
Dry red chillies – 2
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – 4
Onions – 4 (chopped)
Turmeric powder – pinch
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coconut powder (dry) – 5 tsp
Fried gram dal powder (It’s called Putnalu poddi) – 5 tsp
1. Grind fried gram dal into fine powder.
2. Wash the puffed rice in water and soak it for about 15 minutes. Squeeze water by taking a handful of soaked puffed rice each time.
3. Add fried gram dal powder, coconut powder and salt to soaked puffed rice. Mix well. Keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves, turmeric, chopped onions and chilli powder. Fry till onion turns golden brown.
5. Add puffed rice, and mix well. Sim for 10 minutes, garnish with Coriander leaves.
Spicy-Rice Krisps is ready to serve.