1. Chinese eggplant - 5.
2. 1 tbsp - Channa dal
3. 1 tbsp - Urad dal
4. Red chillies- 10. For a less spicier version remove the seeds.
5. Tamarind - size of a half golf ball. If using paste use 1 tsp.
6. Oil to fry and garnish.
2. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
3. Peel the skin if desired. Tastes great with the skin. You could make 2 versions one with just the skin and one with the skin peeled.
4. In a pan roast channa dal, urad dal and chillies until golden.
5. Soak tamarind in half cup of warm water for 5 min. Squeeze the juice and discard the fibres.
6. Blend tamarind juice, roasted dals & chilli and the eggplant.