1. Curly leaf Parsley - 1 bunch
2. Ripe tomatoes - 1 medium sized
3. Whole wheat couscous or Bulgar wheat - 1/3 cup
4. Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
5. Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
1. Soak couscous or bulgar in equal parts of boiling water and set aside covered until all the water is absorbed.
2. Chop parsley and dice tomatoes.
3. Fluff the couscous or bulgar (or both if you want to make it a light meal) with a fork and combine the Parsley and tomatoes.
4. Toss with olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt to taste.
Get creative and add your favourite ingredients to make it interesting and appealing to kids. Avocados would give it a rich creamy taste and goes well with the greens. Walnuts and sunflower seeds would add a nice crunch. Raisins or oranges would give it a sweet kick.