While grocery shopping I found a Chinese chilli bean sauce that looked interesting (as I couldnt read anything I had to go by the looks). Started to prepare it per package directions and substitued TVP for meat.Adjusted th ebalance of spice with a bit of maple syrup (Canadian eh?) and lemon juice. End result, protein filled deliciousness that would get me lucky tonight :-)
1. 14 OZ firm Tofu made form genetically un-modified soy beans.
2. 1 tbsp you favourite brand of chilli bean sauce3. 1 tbsp chilli sauce
4. 3 tbsp ketchup
5. 1 tbsp olive / sesame / vegetable oil
6. 1 tbsp soy sauce
7. 1 tbsp corn starch
8. Lemon juice to taste
9. Salt to taste
10. Green onion - 1 bunch
11. 2 cups vegetable broth
1. Bake the tofu to drive out the moisture for 30 min at 400 F. You can skip this step and just stir fry the tofu untill its bown.
2. Hydrate the TVP in warm water until soft.
3. Squeeze out the moisture from the TVP and stir fry it with the cilli bean sauce.
4. Cube the Tofu into bite size pieces and stir fry it with the TVP.
5. In a bowl whisk up 1 tbsp corn starch, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp chilli sauce , 3 tsbpketchup, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 cup vegetable broth.
6. Combine the sauce mixture to the Tofu and TVP and add the extra cup of broth. Simmer till the sauce thickens.
7. Garnish with green onions and server.