Fall is here and so are the pumpkins and several delicious varieties of squash. Pumpkins are loaded with antioxidants and are rich in Potassium,Zinc and Fiber. This is a savory traditional Indian recipe modified to suit the American palate.
1. 2 cups shredded pumpkins.
2. 1 cup semolina or whole-wheat couscous
3. 1 cup shredded coconuts
4. Salt to taste
5. 1 tbsp grated ginger
1. Dry roast semolina until golden brown. No roasting needed for couscous.
2. Allow the semolina to cool for about 10 min.
3. Mix the roasted semolina , shredded pumpkin and coconuts, salt and ginger and let stand for 15 min.
4. Shape into balls.
5. Steam for 10 min.
Optional: Garnish with coriander and cashews. Spice lovers can temper Indian style with a bit a mustard, green chilies and asafoetida (hing).