1. Rice 1/2 cup.
2. Split Mung Bean - 1/4 cup.
3. Cumin seeds - 1/4 tbsp
4. Salt and black pepper - to taste
|Split Mung bean|
5. Cashew nut to garnish
6. Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Soak Mung dal in 3 cups of water for about 30 min.
2. Add rice to the Mung dal and cook till the mixture boils. Once it comes to a rolling boil , add salt to taste and simmer till the dal rice mixture is soft and cooked.
3. In a seperate pan, melt butter and roast the cashews till golden brown.
4. Add cumin seeds and freshly ground pepper.
5. Add the butter cashew, pepper, cumin mixture to cooked rice and dal and mix well.